(UPDATED ON 1ST APRIL 2022).
JENGA SCHOOL (hereinafter referred to as “we” or “JENGA”) is committed to ensuring the privacy and accuracy of your information. By ‘’your information’’, we mean any information about you that you provide to us.
This statement of privacy applies to JENGA’s website and governs data collection and usage.
By using the JENGA website, you consent to the data practices described in this policy.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES.
In complying with the Data Protection Act, 2019, we shall ensure that the personal information we hold about you is;
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we shall clearly explain to you
- Put to use only for the purposes for which it was collected and not in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we shall have explained.
- Kept securely.
We may collect the following categories of information;
- Contact information which includes your phone number, email address and any other information that may assist us in contacting you.
- Verification information which includes but not limited to, ID number, date of birth, photo and current employment.
- Demographic information which includes, your gender, age, sex and education level.
- Information collected automatically.In addition to information you voluntarily submit to us, we may also automatically collect certain information when you visit or interact with our website. This information includes;
- Your IP address or other unique device identifier.
- Your device browser and network information.
- Date and time of your visit to the website and information searched.
USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED.
We may use the data collected about you to;
- Assist us in providing our services to you.
- Help us better respond to your individual enquiries.
- Contact you about our policies, services, events and other promotional materials.
- Verify your identity.
- Personalize your experience on our website.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
We have taken appropriate security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access or processing of the personal data. We have implemented appropriate policies and procedures to protect all your personal information held by us.
Kindly note to access our site within a secure environment.
We use unique identifiers called “Cookies” to collect anonymous non-personal identifiable information. The cookies are used to provide you with a more customized user experience and improve the design and functionality of our website.A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive or pass on computer viruses.
DATA SUBJECT’S RIGHTS.
The following are your rights as a data subject as illustrated in the Data Protection Act, 2019.
You have a right;
- To be informed of the use to which your personal data is to be put.
- To access personal information.
- To object to the processing of all or part of your personal data.
- To correction of false or misleading data.
- To deletion of false or misleading data.
- To opting out of marketing communications.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or procedures of any third party site or services.